If you have smell gas, have a gas leak or suspect the presence of carbon monoxide call the national gas emergency number 0800 111999:
If you have an issue with your gas boiler or any other gas appliance, please call a Gas Safe Registered (GSR) Engineer or your gas supplier. For a Gas safe registered engineer in your area call 0800 408 5500 or visit http://gassaferegister.co.uk/find-an-engineer
If you have home care cover with your gas supplier please contact them directly.
Should you have frozen boiler condensate pipes you should:
- Hold a hot water bottle, or heat wrap, around the pipe.
- Alternatively, pour hot, NOT boiling, water over the frozen end of the pipe.
- If the boiler fires up, it’s fixed. If it doesn’t then pour hot water on the pipe again. If your pipes are still frozen, please call your supplier.
If you have any of the following issues, please contact 105 from any mobile or landline:
- See an electrical emergency
- Require more information regarding an outage which you can also do this on social media.
DO NOT contact 105 if you wish to speak to your supplier as 105 is for your network operator and not your supplier.
David Smith, CEO of Energy Networks Association, comments:
“Contacting the correct number is vital in getting your energy issue addressed as quickly as possible. Our members are working around the clock to solve customer issues including emergency outages and have gone as far to proactively contact customers over the telephone, including those who are on the Priority Services Register, to offer support and restoration updates."